This is me, sharing with you my look of the day, as I was just being vain me, taking photos of myself with the iPhone camera, when I realized that my skin was tanned for the day. I didn’t actually realize it until I saw this photo, and I might attribute it to my diving trip last weekend. The weather at Puerto Galera was really sunny, and even with sunblock, the glaring sun would just cause the skin to go darker. Who’s complaining? I’m actually loving my tanned complexion now. I feel, I look healthier. There’s so much warmth to my skin. That makes me excited for summer! Hahaha! I love it that I am able to switch from fair-skinned to tan-skinned and pull off both complexions just quite okay. I also have foundation shades that are light, and even darker, for that purpose.
To share with you my look for the day, here are the makeup products that I used :
* Smooth 365 Intensive Clarity Smoothing Peptide Serum as primer – to make makeup last long for the entire day. Read my review here.
* Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Pore Perfector – heaven-sent for people who have large pores. This smoothens the entire surface and makes makeup glide in flawlessly and evenly! Read my review here.
* Fairydrops BB Cream, the darker shade – this one’s been a staple on my vanity table, because I really love how comfortable the product goes on my skin! It does not grease up, or oil up. I love this product to bits!
* RMK Powder Foundation to set – this is the most natural-looking powder foundation I’ve ever tried.
* Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder in Yellow - Oh, this makes anything look flawless! It made my tan even healthier looking with that brightening effects of the color yellow!
* Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar – oh, HOW I LOVE Bobbi Brown blushes. They’re wonderfully matte, and have the longest staying power ever! This one’s a neutral, almost mauve-y shade. Very neutral.
For the brows and eyes :
* K-Palette 24 Hour Real Lasting Brow Liner - because it lasts for the entire day! Read my review here.
* Bobbi Brown Light Brow Kit – just because I want that added definition. Bobbi Brown has such a winner brow powder compact, with such soft-focus results! I love this!
* K-Palette Eyeliner in Brown - just because they stay for the entire day, no questions asked. I also love how sharp my pens are! Tip : to make small eyes look more wide awake, also line the lower lashline. Lightly, though.
* MAC Girl Boy Brow Set – because this is the only thing that can tame my brows and make it that soft-looking.
* Fairydrops Mascara, the one in silver and pink tube : just because my curled lashes hold up and are not weighed down by this wonderful mascara and stay all day long
As for the lips, I’m sporting Clinique Chubby Stick in Richer Raisin. I’m having this fixation with Clinique Chubby Sticks as of late. They’re just so wonderful! They act as your lipbalm to moisturize your lips, and give that natural, beautiful color on your lips without having your lips feel tight. Just repeatedly swipe it on your lips, and the color is buildable. Richer Raisin is described as deep plum brown. I feel my lips look so serious, elegant, and sophisticated whenever I sport this shade. It’s like giving your lips that much needed color, but only deeper. I highly recommend this shade, as this is a favorite amongst beauty editors as well. This would work well for fair skin tones to even medium to tanned skin tones like mine ( at least, now! haha! ) The shade is very fall, but I think I do not really confine myself with shades of the season as any colors are year-round for me!
And of course, I’d love to thank my new skin care brand for my skin. I think that my skin’s at its best lately, with me making that big switch to a new brand, that I am really currently loyal to. I shall tell you more about it in my next blog entry!