This is considered a sneak peak about my travel entry about Melbourne, Australia, which will happen in a few days!
As I was preparing for a long trip ( a week’s worth, the most time I can afford this part of the year, ) , I was taking in consideration the weather. Melbourne was going to be cold. I would usually just bring one really versatile shade of lipstick for my lipcolor, and that’s it. But then, I was afraid that I’d have really dry lips! It was just in time that Clinique sent me a pack of their Clinique Chubby Sticks for roadtest, that well, I brought the entire pack to Melbourne! It’s too funny, but somehow, I felt at peace by bringing these babies, as I love Clinique lip products!
In a nutshell, let me tell you about my observations about the Clinique Chubby Sticks :
* They look like cute crayons! I feel like using a pen applying this on my lips!
* They apply sheerly on the lips, but really give the lips a beautiful, really natural color. It’s as if you have luscious, kissable lips. No opaque color here. In effect, this is perfect for that natural look, when you’re just going out to the mall, having a fun day out, or travelling! You wouldn’t need heavy makeup for travelling, but either way, you still need to look good, and this fits the bill. Haha!
* It does not make the lips chap or dry, as it keeps the lips moisturized, and adds more moisture to the lips. I like this aspect of it! No tight lips, or chapping lips by midday.
* This is my choice for lazy-lips-but-need-some-color-day. I just realized than in photos, if I don’t have lipcolor, I look like a ghost.
* They come in really cute candy shades. Look at my shade selection. You seem shocked. No, don’t be! These shades are sheer, so they will add on to your natural lip color. I will show you how they look on my lips in the latter part of this entry!
There’s quite a shade selection for Clinique Chubby Sticks ( you can see them, and try to mix and match your shades here ), but I got these happy foursome group – Voluptuous Violet, Fuller Fig, Mighty Mimosa, and Curvy Candy. I was able to do three out of four swatches of the group, let me show you!
I think this was Mighty Mimosa for this photo, or Curvy Candy, but they look just about the same, but Mighty Mimosa‘s just a bit deeper. But my point is – this is how a light pink Clinique Chubby stick would look on one’s lips. The lips are naturally reddish, sometimes pale, with some hints of really light brown hues, right? I think it depends as we have different “natural” lip colors! But this pink color, added to my lips, look like it’s pink-brown. It reminds me so much of the MAC lipstick shade in Cosmo, only way sheerer, and way more natural ( as this is a different product of course! ).
The next Clinique Chubby Stick shade I wore was Voluptuous Violet. I was actually shocked when I saw it on my pack, but I told myself, why not give it a try? And no regrets, as I am far liking this better than the regular pinks that I used to be biased with! It deepened my lips into a luscious, deeper pink-purple shade! I find it really pretty!
Now, last but not the least, is the Clinique Chubby Stick in Fuller Fig. At first glance, it looks blah – might pass off as boring, and a bit too mature for my taste, but my gosh, upon trying it on my lips, this became, and is my current favorite! It gives my lips that really luscious, natural red shade. My lips look really healthy, and if I might say, I find it really lovely! This is the most natural, and beautiful shade for me amongst the four. It just mimics really healthy, youthful lips. Don’t little kids have really beautifully red lips? Something like this, I believe! (I think I over-applied here on the other hand, as I was trying to let it show up in the camera. haha! )
I actually enjoyed bringing this with me for travel as I am able to play with shades! Too bad I was not able to mix and match these shades as I was just sticking to one shade at a time, but I plan on playing with them even more by mixing shades on my lips, which would be quite exciting! I’m so pleased with the Clinique Chubby Sticks that I have been recommending them to friends and family, and I am now telling you – this is highly recommended! Do check out their Facebook App, and play around the shades. Who knows, you might fall in love with them as I am too!