A few weeks ago, I was handed over my new bottle of Bobbi Brown Long-wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 for review. It was such great timing, as my favorite Bobbi Brown Skin Finish Foundation has been used up already. I really loved Bobbi Brown Skin Finish Foundation with its really light consistency, good, buildeable coverage, and really gorgeous finish on the skin.
Now, I’m giving Bobbi Brown’s new foundation a chance. I wonder, will it perform just like its very very impressive Bobbi Brown Skin Finish Foundation?
Bobbi Brown Long-wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 is described as,
Finally – a natural looking and long-wearing foundation. Ultra comfortable and hydrating, this medium to full coverage formula leaves skin looking poreless, perfected, and fresh up to 12 hours even in the most humid conditions. Includes broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF15 for daily protection against future damage.
So, as I was roadtesting it, let me tell you how it fared!
* This is gel-based.
* The consistency was thick, as you will only need one to two pumps and it would suffice for good coverage on the skin! Start with one pump.
* There is some scent that I couldn’t quite identify. Shen told me that it smelled like lavender. I would have to agree, maybe a stronger lavender! Hahaha!
* I got my shade in 3.0, Beige. I got half a shade darker to experiment as Bobbi Brown’s foundations are oil-free, and don’t oxidize, so I had nothing to be afraid about experimenting with a darker shade. I wanted a darker foundation as they said that in photography, one-shade darker foundations are used so as not to look too pale.
Things I Love About It
* Skin feels tight after applying it. I feel that it will adhere to the skin quite nicely!
* The finish looks soft-matte alright! Not scary, flat-matte, but somewhat soft-focus matte that I appreciated that finish. It also had some creamy dimension to it.
* Pores are not so visible. Perhaps the tightening effect had something to do with it? Woot!
* The finish is really natural, something that will look like you didn’t try too hard to apply alot of makeup on your skin. This is great for times when you need to look your “natural best,” and not risk having that “I applied too much makeup” look!
* It lasts long!!! I have roadtested this numerous times – several times during a day’s worth doing field work, and several times just having dinner. It stayed on until the end of the day, and it didn’t move at all during dinner, until I got home! This is my bet during a grueling the day in field, or when I really need to have my makeup last all day!
What I don’t like about it
* As it is matte, those who have imperfect textures on their skin might have them magnified. Thus, a good silicone-based primer must be applied before the liquid foundation is applied.
* Retouch would be needed for ultra-oily skin maybe after 3-4 hours ( hey, that’s good enough, I believe! ). I’m being realistic that almost all foundations require retouch after some time. This one is good as it took 3 hours for me to want to retouch, minimally! It WOULD oil up definitely, but it would still be very much in tact, which I really appreciated.
This Product Will Work For You If :
* You have normal to oily-combination skin. Apply sheerly for normal skin.
This Product Will Not Work For You If :
* You have flaking skin that day. It will just make it more evident.
* Really, really dry skin because you might need a more moisturizing liquid foundation like Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation that would give your skin more creaminess.
Tips for Using Bobbi Brown Long-wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15
* Moisturize before applying this foundation.
* Apply silicone-based primer, prior to applying the liquid foundation, so that foundation application will be even, specially for crater scars.
From the photo above, it was taken during one of my lazy days when I had to grab dinner with my family. I was having a bad skin day, and my natural defenses were to cover ( oh, I need my dermatologist! ) first and foremost. Applying the foundation, what I loved about it most is that it looked like real skin to me, and yet, I felt that I had good skin that day, with Bobbi Brown’s new foundation giving me that saving coverage that I needed! Oh, just revealing this photo made me feel naked – I was just wearing minimal makeup, and this is how I look with almost no makeup on!
Overall, I feel really “secure” with Bobbi Brown Long-wear Even Finish Foundation. I just know that when I apply it, it would last all day on my skin without any problems. All I need is a backup pot of loose powder for retouch every few hours, and I’m all set. I would want to use this everyday, or during days when I am seeing clients, with me wanting to look my best! The finish is really natural, that looks like I did not really try so hard to apply foundation.
Now, I am bent on finishing this bottle, as my successor to Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation. This will definitely be handy for days when I would want to look fresh and just natural!