This summer has been quite a confusing one, don’t you think?
One moment, the sun glares at you, with its threats to burn you and melt you like a candle, and one moment, an instant downpour incites the fear of a flash flood. Really, really crazy summer, that’s what I think!
With the really confusing weather, it didn’t only mess up my mood for a reflective, and fun summer, it also messed up my lips’ health! Schizo weather dries the lips two ways – the warm weather makes the lips extra dry, and even the cold makes the lips dry. Dehydration in two extreme ways. How cruel.
My lip ally for the unpredictable weather must be Smith’s Rosebud Salve. Rosebud Salve is that world-famous salve that’s been there since 1895 – and by looking at the classic packaging, it really stood by its “tested by time” formula. This has actually a cult following including Hollywood stars, even Oprah Winfrey, and alot of beauty bloggers that I know. I once spotted this in the makeup stash of one of my co-makeup artists while on a gig, and I even heard the models asking about it because they lived it when she used the product on them using a lip brush. Such curiosity led me to try this product, and here’s my rundown about it :
Cotton Seed Oil, Aromol, with Essential Oils Blended in a Special Petrolatum Base.
What I like about it :
* The rose scent puts me to ease. I like scents like these!
* The salve moisturizes my lips really good. I apply this before I sleep to prevent my lips from getting even drier when exposed to AC
* It feels soothing to the lips. Sometimes when I feel that my lips are too tight, I apply this on my lips, and within a minute, I get that comfortable, almost minty feel ( but it’s almost, not exactly minty feel because I don’t know if it’s just me! )
* Not greasy. I feel a thin film on my lips as it dries, that makes me feel that my lips are going to get better. Haha!
* Its reddish tint gives me healthy-colored rosy lips.
* I’m sure this will take forever and a day to finish!
* Inexpensive. At P 490.00, I don’t need to shell out a thousand for a lip balm. Yay!!!
What I don’t like about it:
* Maybe hygiene issues because you’re supposed to dip your finger in the pot every single time. But Rosebud Salve has new packaging that you might want to consider…
No wonder that this is a cult favorite. I can totally live with this for my lips! But aside from taking care of my lips, the Smith’s Rosebud Salve will prove to be handy when I travel, specially for emergencies. It’s a healing salve, after all, that can be applied on the skin for burns, dry skin, blemishes, diaper rash, insect bites and detergent burns. Gosh, it can even be an eyebrow tamer. Talk about a really multi-purpose product! That explains why it was awarded a “Lifetime Achievement Award” by Self Magazine in 2001. Such timeless, indispensable beauty product inside your purse. I truly appreciate it!
So, how do you find my indispensable item as of late, the Smith’s Rosebud Salve? I’d love to hear from you!
*PS, you might want to check out Smith’s Rosebud Salve in its new variants!
Ahhh!! Too much variants! I’m leaning on Strawberry and Eucalyptus! Gotta try!
For more details and to purchase online, visit http://www.rosebudsalve.com.ph/ and their Facebook page.