I was one of the many devastated girls when Clinique Superfit Foundation was discontinued. I was like – ahhhh!! This was the best foundation, ever! But moving on, I was introduced to Clinique Even Better Foundation SPF 15. My initial reactions were, meh, this will never live up to Superfit’s legend, but then life must go on, right? I decided to give it a shot, and try it for a few months.
New Even Better Foundation SPF15 oil free formula, a powerful foundation developed to help combat hyper-pigmentation and deliver brighter skin, both immediately and over time. Includes treatment benefits to help even skin tone and SPF protection to help prevent future hyper-pigmentation. Provides moderate to full coverage, leaving skin instantly perfected with a unique mineral blend.
So after 3 months, what can I say about it?
What I love about it
- Oil-free formula. I always appreciate oil-free formulas when my skin starts to oil up. It doesn’t feel greasy on the skin and my skin does not look like an oil mine. When my skin starts oiling up, the effect is just dewy. It’s alright if I don’t feel like retouching because the dewy effect looks nice anyway.
- Creamy, beautiful coverage. This is heavier than the now phased out Clinique Superfit Foundation. This is creamy, and it definitely gives you that beautiful, even skin tone finish. It’s like having new, beautiful skin in an instant! I really, really like how even my skin looks, and how creamy my skin looks ( haha is there such a thing! ). I just feel that I have beautiful skin when using this foundation. It can cover redness, and some minor imperfections. Even-toned skin is really, really beautiful, and having the chance to mimic that with this foundation is just awesome!
- Natural-looking. I don’t look like I’m wearing a mask. I love the natural finish, almost like second skin!
- Long-lasting. Yep, it is! It doesn’t bail out on me after a few hours. I trust this foundation for a whole day event! I would need to retouch on the setting powder, though.
What I’m neutral about
- Oil control is moderate. Or rather, maybe almost none at all. But I don’t really mind because I sincerely believe it is the setting powder’s job to do the oil control. It doesn’t run or melt as well, so I think that’s alright. How can something so creamy have good oil control? You can’t have them all, pick the better aspect – really natural, good, creamy coverage! I’m definitely up for that.
- SPF 15 – I’m neutral about it though it is one of the things I should love about it. Sue me! I always apply sunblock prior to any makeup application.
What I don’t love about it
- I don’t have anything that I hate about it! This is a winner in my book.
I would recommend this to :
- People who have discolorations/pigmentation problems
- People who need coverage, and yet want to obtain a natural finish. This is for you. Bam.
- People who want creamy finish in their foundations.This is just the right creamy texture, not too sheer, and not too thick.
- People who have dry, normal, or oily skin types – I believe this applies for all skin types!
Well, how much do I love Clinique Even Better Foundation SPF 15? I love it so much that it’s the foundation that I have been reaching out for the last three months. I am very happy with this liquid foundation that I highly, highly recommend this to all of you. You’ll thank me for this ( please leave your comments here if ever, hahaha, I’m kidding! )
This is a photo of me during an event, wearing the Clinique Even Better Foundation. Now you know why I love this so much!