I’ve looong accepted that I am not a morning person. Even my eyes seem to think so. They shrink early in the morning, and that doesn’t help at all, because I have such small eyes! Well, what do I do to keep up with the normal, living world, when I need to function well in the morning?
Here’s what I do!
* After my skin care routine, I apply a quick layer of makeup primer. Something no-nonsense, that not only promises to last all day, but is PROVEN to last all day. During your just-woken up moments, you would definitely not be in the mood to be experimental, don’t you think?
* Apply my trusty undereye concealer, the Bobbi Brown Corrector topped with Bobbi Brown Concealer. Gives a forgiving touch to my puffy, tired-looking eyes!
* Apply the quickest way to make my skin flawless – as of late, I’m crazy about The Body Shop’s BB Cream – it seriously does the trick with such a small amount of product!
* Set my base with my trusted oil control product, Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder – I don’t want to be worrying that my makeup is melting while I’m not in the mood!
* Fix my eyebrows with eyebrow pen/eyebrow powder. Oh yes, even if I am sleepy, and almost falling with my face flat on the floor, I will NEVER ever leave the house with ungroomed eyebrows. Eyebrow pens like MAC Cosmetics’ or Anastasia’s give you that naturally shaped brows, but powders give more definition. Either way, as long as my eyebrows look good, I’m good to go!
* For formal events, when eye makeup is almost imperative, I brush a shimmery wash of either gold, or white. When I’m not too lazy, I define my crease. Haha!
*Eyeliner and mascara. Oh my gosh. My eyes would sink into the background if I don’t apply some eye-defining trick by my eyeliner. It also makes my eyes open a bit more with mascara. Really, realllyyy helps!
* A flesh-colored or white-colored eye pencil. I would apply this on my lower waterline, as the lower waterline tends to be red when you don’t have enough sleep. This makes the eyes look bigger, and look normal – not as if you’ve been roused from a super good sleep!
* Blush and lipstick – To give pale me some color, these are the true, visible heroes that make me look alive!
Well, what do you do in times like this? I’d love to hear from you!