It was a lovely Thursday lunch that I quietly left the office on a half day just to see the lovely Bianca Valerio. What’s not to be giddy about Bianca Valerio? She is just one of the people in the fashion industry that I really admire -as she is the total package – beautiful, with impeccable fashion sense, an eloquent writer and host for a TV show, and for events, highly skilled in makeup artistry, and with all of that, she has remained down to earth, humble, and really friendly! She has also created waves with her makeover show, F.A.S.H., poising itself for a second season already! So yes, she was quite a person to see that Thursday!
I was really intrigued as Tupperware’s Colour Collection has announced that Bianca is their new Chief Makeup Artist. Bianca, being really product-savvy and a beauty product critique, must have seen something really good with Colour Collection! I was really excited to find out! What I know is that Bianca is very critical when it comes to her beauty products, and she would agree in endorsing one brand only if it worked for her!
For our intimate lunch with Bianca, we were able to learn alot of things from her, that is to be shared with all of you!
* Expensive doesn’t mean it’s better than the less-expensive alternatives. Bianca actually admires those beauty bloggers who buy products just to roadtest them, as she is very “sigurista” ( loves being assured ) and looks for reviews of products all over before purchasing. Her beauty arsenal is actually composed of a pleasant mix of expensive, and really affordable products.
* Lipsticks should be applied in an up-down motion on your lips, so as to prevent lines from showing on your lips.
* Moisturizers, to be absorbed fully in the skin, must be applied on an upward, inward motion, against the “pores” to let them sink in, and not stay on top of the skin.
*Pond’s Cold Cream, hands down, is the best makeup remover, ever. (really a classic! ) For mature skin, it’s also the best bet to keep skin soft, and really hydrated.
* For emergency situations wherein your client has flaking skin from peeling, a very creamy foundation is to be applied on a patting motion, instead of being swept or stippled, to prevent further flaking.
* Bianca doesn’t really believe in products for combination skin, as two zones of the skin need different products – she uses a lighter moisturizer on her T-zone, and a creamier one on her cheeks and chin.
* a nude lipliner is a must-have in one’s makeup kit. Aside from neutralizing gray areas on “outlines” of our lips, it’s also a versatile shade that can be used for all lipstick shades!
* the most basic eyeshadow primer could be the least moisturizing concealer that you can ever find. The less moisturizing ( and less creamy), the less probability that it’ll crease on your eyes, and help eye makeup adhere to your lids!
* umm I caught myself blushing when she told the whole table that she loves Charm brushes, especially the Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush. She finds it versatile to apply wet, or dry products. Happiness!
Bianca, when asked for her favorites in the Colour Collection, enthusiastically pulled out her handpicked items inside her bag :
*Colour Collection Colour Intense Lipsticks, which have really wearable shades, and make lips look soft by its moisturizing properties. Aside from that, a nice bonus would be it has sun-protecting SPF15!
* the upcoming Gluta-White BB Cream, which feels really light, and just perfect for our weather, which is going to retail for around P 300+ ( a really affordable price! ). With Bianca’s strong recommendations and praise of this one, BB-cream phobic Sophie is much, much challenged to give this a try!
Bianca loves finishing her application of the Gluta-White BB Cream with the Gluta-White Pressed Powder, and I can just see it in her flawless makeup that day that the finish is really, really nice! Bianca stresses that you need something liquid ( a primer, or BB cream ) for powder to adhere to, and stay. In this case, the BB Cream and her pressed powder made a really good combination!
* the Retractable Liners, that are much, much creamier than pencil eyeliners ( and you don’t have to sharpen them from time to time, too! ) Color payoff? Intense!
* The new Triple Effect Mascara, which Bianca finds perfect for tight beauty shots, when you are supposed to meld both false eyelashes and the real lashes and make them look like one.
Did I mention the pricepoints? They’re really, really affordable, that I was shocked!
Color Intense Lipstick – P350
Triple Effect Waterproof Mascara – P499
Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner – P250
Gluta Whitening Dual Powder Foundation – P475
Blush On Duo – P360
Now that I’m home with samples from Colour Collection, they’re definitely up for a roadtest! I will be updating you on how these products fare on me, specially with my oily skin type! Stay tuned!
But then, I can easily say now, that the lipsticks are really winners!
Tupperware Brands is the authorized distributor of some of the world’s prestigious brands including Tupperware, Colour Collection, Ivana, VS. Versus, Nutrimetics, Playtex, Hanes, and Zwitsal. For your questions and inquiries on how to be a dealer, call the hotline number 867-2222.