Many of us experience signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance every day. Do you have trouble dragging yourself out of bed in the morning? Ever had an uncontrollable sugar craving at 3 pm? Chronic headaches? Lack of energy? Do you get stressed just sitting in your office? Our bodies are wired to send us signals when something isn’t right, but often we’re too busy to hear them. Compounding the problem is a lack of understanding about the consequences if these symptoms are left unaddressed. Without hormonal balance, we re more likely to succumb to many diseases and illnesses.
The Hormone Diet lays out a foolproof plan to balance your life, one hormone at a time.
I was compelled to read The Hormone Diet, as I have read from the marketing materials about the book, that the book is definitely out of the ordinary. It’s not a fad diet that makes you lose weight in days. It’s about how to balance our hormone levels, to be able to lose weight, have a better metabolism, and have a better feeling, and even sleeping better everyday!
The book’s author is Natasha Turner, ND, is a leading naturopathic doctor and founder of Clear Medicine, a Canada-based wellness clinic that provides integrated health care. It gears towards a revolutionary three-step program that turns the old weight loss formula on its head, as hormones are the key to weigh loss. Just one hormone can sabotage fat loss efforts, and being in balance will let you live life easier!
The topics included in the book are :
* The symptoms of hormonal balance and how they are often confused with other medical conditions
* Targeted fixes for specific hormonal imbalances
* How to conquer the seven factors that cause obesity and interfere with weight loss
* How traditional weight loss and dieting methods are actually perpetuating the problem
* Which hormones are “fat loss foes” (insulin, estrogen, and cortisol), and which hormones are “fat-loss friends” (testosterone, glucagon, adrenalin, and leptin) and how to maintain each at healthy levels.
* Why the standard 45-minute cardio workout could possibly do more harm than good
* The five key supplements we all need to maintain health and prevent nutritional deficiencies
* The tricks of how to eat, sleep, and exercise in ways that boost the fat-burning hormones
* Advice for weight loss, including recommendations for an anti-inflammatory detox, exercise, sleep, stress management, toxin-free skin care, and natural hormone replacement
Quite a compelling read. I haven’t finished this book as it is sort of lengthy, but I’m willing to finish this one to try this one out! Has anyone read this book? I think this is for a total lifestyle change, instead of those quick weight loss diets that are more of crash diets. Boy, and I tried the Master Cleanse Diet as it made other friends lose 10 lbs in a week, and I only lasted til three days because I am such a food lover! This book must be good, but I think it would entail alot of discipline. Well, I shall continue reading!
To end this entry, I’d like to quote a line from the book,
“The truth is we must be healthy to lose weight.”