Makeup indeed, can do wonders, and can weave magic. You can be anyone you want to be, just with the right makeup, and add to that, fashion!
And for this statement, Charice Pempengco fits the bill! Charice Pempengco is our country’s prized gem, as she makes our country proud with her amazing vocals, and accomplishments! She’s now soaring high in the international music scene with her pop hit, “Pyramid,” and soon, she will be in Glee, making us more proud! Woot!
Anyway, here’s Charice’s transition from one look to another, using makeup!
From simple girl, with such raw, vocal talent with simple, unplanned makeup ( of course, she was still a baby then! ) ,
Into a sweet, next-door girl with a sweet, sweet image with natural makeup with some eyebrow, and eye definition ( see how her eyes are bigger now -that’s surely eyeliner! ) ,
Into magazine beauty-shot model look, with having her skintone deepened using a darker shade of foundation, creating contrast using very heavy contouring and highlights, and that nude pink lipstick shade that I’ve been seeing morenas sport beautifully nowadays ( look at Erich Gonzales! ) Colored contact lenses also help give an interesting twist to a look!
And lastly, adding some years to her age, by playing more with eyeliner, and a more mature shade of lipstick. Very Hollywood.
With that, everything with makeup is possible! Making the eyes pop, deepening or lightening skin tones, and even adding some age! I guess, it all boils down to these makeup items that can transform a look from one to another :
1. Eyeliner – defines raw eyes, and gives more definition
2. Eyebrow powder/pencil/product – defines the brows. Shaping will also
3. Contouring and highlighting products – gives more dimension to the face, and makes it less flat. Makes the cheekbones pop, and sculpts the cheeks as well.
4. Lip color – gives a mood for the total look.
5. Eye makeup – from fresh, to smoky, and even period makeup, you can look youthful with fresh colors, add some age by darker colors, and be that avante garde princess with a wide variety of bold shades!
Well, any experience in which makeup has worked its advantage on you like this? Do share!