Sephora must be the world’s most prestigious beauty store chain, carrying 200 classic and emerging beauty brands in different categories – skin care, hair care, cosmetics, body care, fragrance, smile care, tools, and also with their own in-house private label. Whenever I’d like to check out brands, I simply have to go to their website, and just scroll through their drop-down list of very, very good brands. Now, it’s time for the 2008 Best of Sephora Awards, whose results came from more than 100,000 beauty mavens who have cast their vote for their favorite products!
Well, let’s see them shall we? For my personal touch, I am including some side-notes on the products that I have tried!
BEAUTY ADDICT’S FAVORITE TIP
“I love to prime my legs and body with the Clarisonic brush before I shave, so that I can attain that flawless application of self tanner. “ < --hmm I only use Clarisonic for my face! This is a nice idea! I am also wanting to try self tanning, like what Phoebe does!
BEAUTY ADDICT’S FAVORITE
* Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips ($18) – This mineral-infused lip polish imparts a high shine without feeling sticky. An infusion of antioxidant vitamins A and E help keep lips soft, smooth, and protected, while the tingly and cooling sensation reminds you that your lips are plumping.
CULT FAVORITE MUST- HAVE
* Urban Decay Primer Potion ($16) – A necessity in any beauty guru’s arsenal, this eyelid primer keeps shadow from doing a disappearing act. Keeps shadow from smudging or creasing all day and night. < - Hands down, my lifesaver in keeping my eyeshadow in tact! The best for those who have problem oily skin! Hoard this stuff!
BIGGEST BEAUTY BREAKTHROUGH
* O-GLOSS Intuitive Lip Gloss With Goji Berry-C Complex™ ($22) – A perfect pink of your very own, this gloss reacts with your personal skin chemistry to transform from clear into your custom shade. The innovative formula is packed with an exclusive Goji Berry-C Complex™, ginkgo biloba, and pomegranate seed antioxidants along with revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil for lustrous shine. < -I haven't used O-GLOSS yet but I have noticed more and more brands adding anti-oxidant ingredients such as Goji Berry for their lipgloss! Works, really!
BEST NATURAL WONDER
* Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk ($12 – $18) – This lightweight hair lotion is made with essential oil of lemongrass to stimulate natural oil production and hydrate strands. Infused with a splash of lily of the valley fragrance in a rich base of oils, shea butter, cocoa butter, and vitamins E and C, Hair Milk is ideal for defining natural curls and giving hair shine and bounce. < - I want to get my hands on this! hahaha!
* Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Face ($18) – This miracle concealer covers dark circles and skin imperfections for a truly flawless complexion. < -I used this on my first year, and yes, this is fantastic, either used wet or dry. Shade is safe enough for light skin tones.
* Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation ($25) – Swirl, Tap, Buff! Made of only pure, crushed minerals from the earth, bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation looks like a powder, feels like a cream and buffs on like silk providing a natural luminosity and feels as if you are not wearing any makeup at all. < --the coverage is moderate, and good enough.
* Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19) – For the ultimate, translucent “finishing touch” to your makeup, Mineral Veil melts into your skin, infusing it with softness and light as it gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of lines and pores. < - I've noticed someone mark this as her Holy Grail finishing powder. Cornstarch helps absorb oil. I've used this and this was okay as well. ( no finishing powder has ever pleased fully just yet! )
* Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36- $42) – Create the perfect canvas for your makeup. This silky primer smoothes and perfects skin as it fills in fine lines and pores. < -something that I'd love to try but I've been playing around with lower priced counterparts heehee. I'm borrowing Brigitte's tomorrow!
Best Tinted Moisturizer
* Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ($42) – Get glowing with this sheer, lightweight moisturizer which contains SPF 20 sunscreen and a hint of color for radiant looking skin.
* Smashbox Cream Eyeliner ($22) – Smashbox’s signature cream liner goes on best with a brush, for a beautiful, smudge proof lash line. < - this still smudges on me pretty badly :(
* Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio ($28) – These versatile, perfectly coordinated shadow trios take the guesswork out of the picture-perfect, three-color eye. < - I LOVE this! Whenever I feel uncreative, tired, or in a hurry, this is a no brainer in applying eyeshadow shades!
* Dior DiorShow Mascara ($23) – Lash-out with this super volumizing, lengthening, and curling mascara that promise bat-worthy eyes.
Best Lip Gloss
* Nars Lip Gloss ($23) – Gloss on and on. This highly pigmented lip color goes on smoothly for pout-popping shine. < - something that I've been lusting over in the counter. I've been substituting this for Artdeco's which is sold for half the price, but my eyes are set on Turkish Delights. Like forever!
* Nars Lipstick ($23) – Enriched with vitamin E, this lipstick promises satin-looking lips with color that stays true.
* Nars Blush ($25) – Dust cheeks with translucent and natural shades for the perfect flush. < -it's okay but I don't like them as they harden over time. The color payoff is just right, and gives off a very natural flush!
* Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Powder Collection ($28) – For a sun-kissed, goddess style glow, try one of these radiant powders. < -I'm a new Benefit convert. Blushes are SO GOOD
Best Eye Treatment
* Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream ($59) – Go easy on the eyes with this gentle, non-irritating formula that works to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve the tone and texture around the delicate area. < --Trying this next month. Yay!
Best Face Cleanser
* Philosophy Purity Made Simple ($10-$32) – This high-powered, one-step facial cleanser rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup for a deep clean that leaves skin feeling radiant and refreshed.
Best Face Moisturizer
* Philosophy Hope in a Jar ($15- $38) – There’s always hope for healthy, radiant skin. This therapeutic daily facial moisturizer creates a rosy, glowing complexion.
Best Skin Savior
* Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask ($52) – Perfect for anyone whose complexion is looking lackluster, this burst of oxygen delivers the vitamins needed to bring skin back to life.
Best Zit Zapper
* Bare Escentuals RareMinerals™ Blemish Therapy ($28) – This treatment combines the non-irritating, exfoliating properties of 100% pure RareMinerals™ concentrate with the acne-fighting benefits of natural sulfur to treat acne and blemishes while preventing future breakouts from forming. Perfect for all skin types. < -tried this 2 years ago but I wasn't comfortable in applying "minerals" at night time.
BEST BATH & BODY
Best Body Cleanser
* Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel ($22) – Bath at its best. This three-in-one bath, shampoo, and shower gel is scented with the lovely Grace fragrance.
Best Body Moisturizer
* Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion ($34- $41) – A toning body moisturizer that helps to purify, moisturize, and revitalize dry and aged skin with a unique blend of antioxidants and vitamins E and C.
Best Tress Refresher
* Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser ($10 – $24) – This cleanser instantly “erases” impurities, toxins, excess oil, and product build-up, while increasing hair volume at the root and treating the hair and scalp.
Best Tress Tamer
* Frédéric Fekkai Glossing Cream ($20 – $27.50) – A leave in cream that boosts shine and repairs styling damage, while shielding hair from UV rays.
* Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ ($33) – Highly nourishing, this cream formula provides defense against powerful UVA/UVB rays and is formulated with the retexturizing ingredient Xylitol to keep skin looking soft and healthy.
Best Fragrance For Her
* Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ($30 – $80) – A stunning perfume with the liveliness of Sicilian citron, the happiness of Granny Smith apple, the spontaneity of bluebells, the intensity of jasmine, the freshness of bamboo, the charm of white rose, the character of cedar wood, the fullness of amber, and the embrace of musk. < -the best smell, forever! Brigitte smells like this! hahaha!
Best Fragrance For Him
* Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme ($16-$67.50) – A resolutely masculine fragrance born from the sea, the sun, the earth, and the breeze of a Mediterranean island. < -very cool, alluring scent. Hmm...hahaha!
* Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($19) – The mother of all eyelash curlers, this iconic beauty tool delivers the perfect curl with the ultimate precision. < - I shall never get tired of this!
Wow. Well..wow again. ( getting speechless,hahaha! ) So, how about you? Which amongst your favorite products made it to the list?