Okay, as promised last night, I am now attempting to write about makeup during Christmas time ( now, look who’s excited? I’ve been excited since September! Sheesh! ). The wind is cold and dry, and the chilly weather feels wonderful! Bronzers might be out for some, and are adopting this kind of beautiful, fairy-like look, and I’m looking forward to see more fairies around this season! Then truly, I would feel like I am in Winter Wonderland *smiles* ( and we don’t have winter here! hahaha! )
Anyway, check out the picture I have included in my entry. This is one of the great looks for the Brrrr months, as I call it. When you see people look like these, you just feel like walking on the clouds. Haha! Anyway, though we can’t strive to be perfect like this girl since it looked like it took a gazillion hours to do her look, here are some tips to get the angelic glow for the brrr months.
1. For foundation, make sure it glides smoothly on your skin to achieve your look. Good skin equals good makeup. Work on your exfoliation, and of course, moisturize well this season because the air is getting dry, skin tends to get drier, too. You will notice that your light moisturizer is not doing well these past few days, it’s time to switch to a moisturizer that is more enriching and creamier.
2. Okay, for foundation, since it’s the cold season and we need all the creamy, ethereal complexions, opt for cream to powder foundations. If you’re using mineral foundations like I do, do take time to mix it with your favorite moisturizer, and apply with a flocked sponge. If your skin is uber-oily, applying it wet would do.
3. For eye makeup…Ohh, I love fairy eyes this season! Eyes go light this season! It’s either you apply a muted, neutral eye makeup, or at most do a very subtle, non-rockstar smokey look of browns , icey colored eyeshadows can grace the limelight now! Icy blue, icy pink, frosty white…they all look good! You can also use these icy and frosty colors as eyeliners too, they would surely make you look so…angelic! So, overall, it’s a choice between the innocently natural look for the eye, or the angelic look!
4. For the cheeks, rosy red, or vibrant pink can look good for this beautiful atmosphere. It would look like your cheeks are getting pink from the chilly weather. How beautiful. Don’t put on too much, and make sure the way you apply your reddish, or medium pink blush exudes a very very soft color. Blend, blend blend well!
5. An extra, which can do wonders , is your glow enhancer. The secret? Guerlain Meteorites!!! Use Guerlain Meteorites as a finishing powder to get that impossibly where-did-you-get-that-absolutely-ethereal-glow.
6. For lips, I want to encourage everyone to skip the matte look, and go semi-matte, or glossy! It’s my personal preference. I don’t like the matte look because it looks dry, and we have dry weather already. I want everyone to get this moisturized, and creamy look ( I keep on saying this ! Haha! ). High gloss ones are perfect for night outs, while semi-mattes with some gloss are perfect for everyday, lunches and gatherings.
Anyway, im off for bed! tata for now!